Monday 30 March 2009

Getting the Balance Right

Too much of most things are bad. So what’s good to aim for is the right balance between things. It’s good to aim for a good balance between poverty and riches – the extreme either way could lead to a loss of proper perspective on life. Such a loss would mean missing on what is true and enjoying it. So rather than necessarily aiming to be over the top, an enjoyable lifetime’s pursuit is looking for that balance in life.

There are two things, Lord, I want you to do for me before I die: Make me absolutely honest and don't let me be too poor or too rich. Give me just what I need. If I have too much to eat, I might forget about you; if I don't have enough, I might steal and disgrace your name.. (Proverbs 30:6-8)

Safe Journey
Shalom

No comments: