Monday 13 July 2009

When All Hope Appears Gone

When their brother fell ill, his two sisters hoped that he would help. Hours and days passed. All hope appeared to be lost when their brother eventually breathed his last. Their brother dead, they buried him and some days later this great teacher they had hoped in turned up. Moved with compassion, this man brought hope when it appeared to have died by bringing him back to life. There are other stories of lost situations miraculously recovered. These say one thing – however dim the glimmer, however overwhelming the darkness, the smallest light says where there is life there is hope.

So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out." (John 11:41-43)

Safe Journey

Shalom

No comments: